Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend is Over


I ran out of Swedish groceries last week so I had to go and buy new ones this weekend. My fiancée and I took the free ferry from Manhattan to IKEA in Brooklyn to take care of this.

It is always tempting to buy furniture and accessories for your home when you are walking around in IKEA. I am really tempted in doing that actually but I will wait until I have moved to a new apartment.

I heard on the news that the IKEA store in Brooklyn is one of America’s busiest stores. It does not really surprise me though because there are always a lot of people. However, it is pretty amazing that one of the busiest stores is located in Brooklyn.

I saw a really cool advertisement yesterday. My fiancée and I were in Brooklyn and on our way to shop groceries, when we suddenly saw letters written in the sky. It said Geico, which is an insurance company here in the United States.

At first I thought it was airplanes that shaped the letters but I couldn’t see any planes. It was a very weird sight because it looked as if an invisible pen drew the letters. I still do not have any idea of how it worked but it is an amazing technique to advertise in.

I went to New Jersey today to take some pictures. My fiancée and I left at three because I wanted to catch the sunset and have the time to shop a little before taking the pictures.

There is a great mall close to the waterfront so it fit great to go there before shooting. They also have a great food court, like all the malls in the United States, so we had lunch there. We had some kind of steak with noodles and potatoes, which tasted great.

I bought two shirts for my fiancée to prepare her for, what she thinks is boring, photographing. The view is amazing from New Jersey, especially during sunset. The only downside is that you can’t really see the sun because you are facing east from there.

I got a few really good shots though so I am happy with the trip.

I finished all my homework today. I wrote nine pages for my case in international marketing and I feel really good about it. I covered a lot and some things that I wouldn’t have to cover. I am excited about getting it graded and see what my professor has to say about it.

I also did my homework in macroeconomics. It was about finding an article about macroeconomics and summarize it. We will discuss it in class tomorrow. I chose an article about the Fed, who wants to raise interest rates to meet inflation.

I really like this quarter because it covers a lot about economic issues and business situations. 

No comments: