Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Smallest Man In The World


Today was a pretty busy day. I let my mom know that she is going to a Conan O Brian show, we went to Statue of Liberty, and we had Italian food close to Times Square.

When I met the guy who used to work at Wall Street, he gave me the advice to sign up for the magazine “The Economist.” I signed up today and I am really excited about starting to read it.

The only mistake I made was that I did not sign up for the student edition. I lost about $40 because of that.

A very strange thing happened today. When my family arrived they showed me an article in a Swedish newspaper that described the smallest man in the world. Today, when we all stood in line for the Statue of Liberty, we saw the smallest man in the world in person.

We were all very surprised when we saw him and my family screamed at me, forcing me to go after him and take pictures. I felt a little bad about trying to take a picture of him but I must say that I really wanted to take one.

I went after him and finally got a pretty good shot on him. It is amazing that we saw him that day since we all had talked about him the first morning when my family arrived.

The trip to the Statue of Liberty was really nice. It is a beautiful piece and it is a very powerful feeling to stand that close to it. I took a lot of pictures and after that, we took the boat to Ellis Island.

I have never been there before actually. Ellis Island is the island where immigrants had to go before they were let in to Manhattan. All immigrants were examined physically and mentally and it is amazing to see what kind of instruments they were using at that time.

People can also read about some pretty sad stories and some of the pictures are really good.

After our trip there, we took the train to Times Square. My little brother wanted to go to Toys R Us, which is a huge toy store. Not only my brother was amazed by the store, my whole family was.

We had to eat something after that so we went to a great Italian place close to Times Square. The food was really good and I had Spaghetti Alla Carponara. We had a great time there and I can’t wait to see my family again today. 

No comments: