Friday, September 12, 2008

9/11 Memorial


Yesterday was September 11 and I believe that it is important that everyone remembers the day and at least gives one minute of silence to show support and compassion with the people who were and are affected by this event.

I went to pick up my fiancée at her school yesterday, and we went to New Jersey to watch the tribute in light from there. The tribute in light is amazing. It is actually two very powerful spotlights that shine straight up in the sky.

New York has arranged this every year during the Memorial Day. This tribute is also called the beams of light and is fairly well known around the world. I have always wanted to see it in person so I was very excited about it.

I brought my camera and took the train to New Jersey. I was, at first, thinking about going to Hoboken but I found out that you would only see one beam of light from there because of the angle. I therefore took the train to Newport instead.

It takes about 20 minutes to walk to the best viewpoint from the train but the walk is great. It offers a good view and it is right at the waterfront.

I took a few fantastic shots but I wished that I had stayed a little longer because afterwards I realized that I should have taken some more pictures with different camera settings and angles.

I am still very happy with the ones I took though. I have posted one picture that I took from there. I want to remind everyone that I do have copyright for all pictures posted here but feel free to enjoy them.

This quarter in school is soon to be over. I do not have any more regular classes, which is pretty nice. However, it sometimes feels as though the time goes by a little to fast.

The only things I have left in school now are two finals. I was lucky when it came to that actually because my first one starts at 10.30 and my second one is 13.00. People usually have their finals different days so I feel great about the schedule for the finals. 

No comments: