Thursday, September 25, 2008

Trouble At Times Square


I think I have been really unlucky lately, especially at Times Square. The people selling comedy show tickets and roses have been really rude to me, and I do not know if it is because of me or if they are like that all the time.

The first time it happened was this week when my fiancée and I was on our way home. A guy selling roses asked me if I wanted to buy some and I said no. The response I got back sounded something like cheap head or similar.

The second time was today when my family and I went to have dinner at Friday’s. There was a guy selling comedy show tickets outside the restaurant and he asked people if they wanted to buy it.

I did not even look at the guy because I was busy getting my family inside the restaurant. The ticket guy got angry because I did not look him in the eyes and called me something really offensive, which I do not really remember.

I did not do anything to deserve that so I told him to be quiet. He got really upset after I said that but I did not want to ruin the evening so I went inside the restaurant with my family. I was a little upset for a few minutes after that, but I got my good mood back later when I got back to my family.

I really do not have any idea why people at Times Square act like that, but I think it is because they are not very happy with their own lives. 

My day was great other than that. I went to AT&T and they finally gave me an IPhone. I am really happy with it and the salesperson who helped me out is a really good guy. I know really want to take back my negative comments about AT&T. They have after all been very helpful.

The dinner at Friday’s was good. The food is not that fantastic but our waiter was really funny. He pulled jokes and was very easygoing, which made up for the food. I had a New York strip steak with mashed potatoes, and it was actually better than what I had expected.

No comments: