Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Day With My Sister


Today was really good. My sister and I went to Manhattan because she wanted to go there, and also because she wanted me to meet a man called Dave.

He actually worked at Wall Street not long ago and he is very successful. He gave me some great advices about getting a job or internship and I think that he is a very good contact to have.

The first thing I did in Manhattan was actually to go to AT&T to see if they could give me an IPhone. They made some calls and they actually told me that there should not be a problem in getting me an IPhone for the discounted price.

They will have to contact a few other departments though so I could not get it today. This whole process is bothering me a little. I received my papers from the BBB today and they clearly state that I should get any offer from AT&T that includes a two-year plan.

IPhone does include this but since they are so afraid of scams, they will have to go through many different departments. I am happy that they now told me that there should not be a problem though.

My family will arrive later tonight and both me and my fiancée is getting excited about it. It will be really nice to meet my family again because it has been more than half a year since last time.

My sister and I bought ten really nice red roses for my mom. They are actually from my mom’s husband but since he is not here, we had to buy them. We bought them in Manhattan at a very good florist. I am not sure what the name of the store is but if I find out, I will definitely recommend it.

I have made some plans on what my family can do when they come here. I think I want to show them Brooklyn because they have never been here before. Like most tourists, they have always stayed in Manhattan.

I think I will take them to a diner close to my home for some breakfast. They have a great pancake platter and I think that they will like that.

We will do a lot these days so I will write a lot about that. I do not want to plan too much though because I want them to feel comfortable. 

No comments: