Thursday, September 25, 2008

Saying Goodbye To My Family


My family left yesterday, and both them and I thought it was too early. The week has gone really fast and I wish that they could stay for a few more days.

However, we had a great time before they left. We all went to Madam Tussaud’s to see the wax figures at Times Square.

The figures are extremely realistic and I thought it was a blast to see the movie stars as well as the politicians. They have, among others, Morgan Freeman, Bill Gates, and President Bush.

There was also one thing that neither of us was prepared for. After seeing most of the wax figures, we were lead to a 4D movie theater. Staff gave us some 3D glasses and we then took a seat.

At first it all seemed pretty calm and slow but it evolved into more action after a while. The movie was some kind of water show, showing animals in the ocean. For example, when dolphins landed after a jump in the ocean, you could feel water splashing up in your face.

Also, there were a few water snakes sneaking around at one time in the movie. People could then suddenly feel a poke in their back. Apparently, there was some kind of stick in the chair that poked people. It really scared people in the theater because everything happened fast and came as a surprise.

It was the second time in my life that I went to a 4D theater, and it is fun every time. The movies are not that well made but it is still fun because of the extra effects.

You may have noticed that I have posted several blogs during the same day. That is because I have written blogs, but I have not had access to Internet. I have therefore written the blogs and saved it, to later post it when I have access for Internet.

This week has been very busy due to my family’s arrival. I have had a great time though and I have seen a lot of tourist things that I would not have seen if they would not have come here. 

1 comment:

Tove said...

Hej! Åh jag blev så glad att jag bara av en slump hittade någon svensk på Berkeley att jag kände att jag måste skriva..

Jag förstår om du kanske inte vill prata med nån random tjej men jag tänker söka till just Berkeley till nästa höst och vill hemskt gärna prata med någon som går där nu, om hur det är och sådär! Och en svensk känns trots allt bäst, hur det är är..

Såå du får ju hemskt gärna höra av dig om du känner för det, det skulle göra en frågvis tjej glad (:

För övrigt, mysig blogg!

Kram Tove

(tovehernlund@hotmail.com är min mail om du känner att du kan ha några tips inför sökning och sådär!)