Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hard Rock Café

I had to do laundry yesterday but right after that, my fiancée and I took the train to Manhattan to meet my family. 

Once again, we sang “Happy Birthday” for my mom together with some champagne and grapes. After a while we became hungry so we all decided to go to Hard Rock Café at Times Square.

I was really hungry so I order some kind of trio meat platter with spareribs, chicken, and some barbeque meat. It was served with fries, coleslaw, and salad. It was too much to finish but I really enjoyed it.

We also had some deserts, consisting of chocolate ice cream and brownies. We also had nachos as a starter and everyone really liked it. It is definitely my favorite appetizer

My fiancée and I spent the night at their apartment and the morning after, we all had some Swedish breakfast. Swedish breakfast includes bread with cheese, yoghurt, and some fruit.

My family really wanted to see the Brooklyn Bridge so I took them there. We walked across half the bridge and stayed there for a while to take some pictures and enjoy the moment. The weather has been perfect today with over 25 degrees Celsius.

My family also wanted to go to New Jersey to take advantage of the lower tax rate. We took the path train to Newport, and the ride went very smoothly. It is Sunday though so the trains did not run that often.

We were all really hungry when we arrived there so we went straight to the food court to have some lunch. Everyone had different food, but my fiancée and I had Chinese food, which we really liked.

Tonight, we will just take it easy and relax in the apartment. We will probably order some take-away later. My family will attend a taping of Conan O Brian tomorrow and I will go out and do something with the kids.

Every day is packed with events and I really enjoy being with my family. It is nice to have a break from school, but I am sure that I will start missing it a little after my family leaves. That is why it is great that the break is only about two weeks long. 

No comments: