Sunday, September 14, 2008

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes, and IPhone


I am having some problems with my wireless service provider right now. I have AT&T and my cell phone has terrible reception in most places.

I wanted to get a new phone because of this but I was actually, at first, thinking about cancelling my contract and change to T-Mobile. I never did this because it seemed to be my cell phone that was in bad collaboration with AT&T’s service.

I actually contacted the Better Business Bureau to handle this problem. AT&T called me after I had contacted the BBB and offered me to cancel my contract for an additional fee of $175. I did not want to do this and I would rather deal with my reception problem.

Yesterday I went out to get the new IPhone. I was really excited about getting it so after I had picked up my fiancée at her school we went to an AT&T store to buy one. What happened next made me pretty upset.

They said that I am not eligible for an upgrade until next year. If I want the IPhone, I will have to pay a higher price for it and I also have to extend my contract. I knew that I would have to extend my contract and I am fine with that, but a higher price?

I will call them tomorrow and talk to them about this. It is ridiculous that they can’t help me getting a new device. My reception is terrible and I won’t even be able to use their offers. What is funny is that you see the price for the IPhone to be $199 for 8GB and $299 for 16GB. However, that is with a two-year plan for those who are eligible for it.

I have been happy with AT&T until the thing with my cell phone happened. They have handled this in a terrible way. I am not done with this though so I hope that they will finally let me use their offer.

This weekend has been great other than that. I have done a lot of shopping with my fiancée. She is very much into shoes these days so I have had to walk around holding bags and giving suggestions a lot lately.

I have also studied for my two finals next week. I am not fully prepared yet so I will have to go over it a few more times. I don’t think I will have a problem with it though. Everything about macroeconomics falls naturally to me and the advertising questions are not too hard to understand. 

No comments: