Friday, March 20, 2009

Workshop


I went to a workshop at Berkeley College today. There was a lawyer who held a presentation about immigration laws and regulations and it was very interesting.

He had a lot of experience and I learned a lot from the presentation. He talked about all the different visas and what students can do after graduation. There is a lot to keep track of when it comes to immigration laws but I definitely have a better understanding of it now.

I had not eaten any breakfast this morning so I was very hungry when it ended. I had not gone to Burger King for a long time so I decided to go there. I got stuffed after having a triple whopper but I really loved it. I will probably gain ten pounds but I guess you have to reward yourself sometimes.

I found a very cheap Chinese buffet in Manhattan yesterday. It was only $8 per person and people could eat as much as they wanted to. There was not much taste to it but definitely worth the $8.

The restaurant is located close to 7th Avenue and 40th Street. Students should definitely check it out if they want to get a huge meal for less money.

It feels good that this quarter is over soon, and I am really looking forward to go to Boston. I need to buy the bus tickets but other than that I am ready to go. I will try not to bring too much luggage because I am only there for five days and I do not like to carry too many bags.

I will have to study for my last two finals this weekend. I have a class on Monday but it is not mandatory so I will consider going there. I will probably attend the class though because I feel bad not showing up.

My friend and I will have raclette on Thursday. It is a Swiss dish and he is actually from Switzerland. I only had it ones on one of my trips to Switzerland but I really liked it. The dish basically consists of melted cheese and potatoes but it is not as greasy as it may sound.

The raclette cheese is definitely something extraordinary and not many people know about it. I do not know the name or location of the restaurant yet but I will keep readers posted about it.

I took today’s picture in a grocery store in Chinatown. I go there about every second week and they have great food for great prices. They have a lot of fresh poultry and meat and it is fun to see the diversity of food there.

They have everything from spareribs to live toads. I usually stick to spareribs and poultry, and the only live creatures I bought there were crabs. They also have chicken feet and some other odd Chinese dishes.

2 comments:

Jenny E. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny E. said...

Hey! As a Berkeley to-be student I am really enjoying your blog. I have a few questions I hope you could answer.
Does Berkeley host this workshop every year?
also, which year are you currently doing? and where in Sweden do you come from?

Greetings from Helsingborg :)