Monday, March 16, 2009

Term Paper


I got back my term paper in finance today. I must give credit to the professor for returning it so fast because he had to read a lot of pages.

I was quite upset after he had given out the papers. I got an A- without an explanation. I did not understand why I did not get a straight A and it seemed as if it would be impossible for me to get a straight A grade from this professor.

A lot of people had handed in their paper in a fancy plastic case, which people can buy at Staples. I did not bother to do that because I find the content more important. It would be ridiculous if that affected their grades.

I talked to the professor after class and asked him what was missing in my paper to get a straight A. He looked at it and just said it was an excellent paper and then changed my grade to A.

I asked him again why he at first had given it an A- and he said that I had not used tables as some students had. I just find that ridiculous and I am glad he changed the grade because I wrote a very thorough paper with a lot more information than many other A students. I know it is not only about quantity but my paper was both quantity and quality.

I had a little headache when I came home after class and I needed a haircut so I went out to get one at my favorite hair salon. They have a lovely wash treatment where they really massage your skull. It really helped my headache and I felt a lot better after it.

I have already started to review for my final in finance. I typed down some key concepts in word today that I will use as a review sheet. I think it will help a lot. I started typing it last weekend but my professor changed the final today so I had to redo some of it.

I noticed today that some of the homework I did for international business is wrong. The syllabus states the chapter numbers and titles but the last chapters mentioned there do not correspond correctly with the titles.

I followed the chapter numbers and I noticed today that we have followed the titles in class, not the numbers. This might mean that I have to redo five chapter assignments. I will let my professor know about it tomorrow and hopefully he will accept my already turned in homework.

I will have a review for the final in international business tomorrow so I will bring my laptop to school to be able to type down information faster. I only have two days to prepare for the final but I actually think it is enough.

The two previous midterms have not been too hard and we are allowed to use two sheets of paper with notes on them, which make the test a little easier. The questions can still be challenging though.

My fiancĂ©e took today’s picture somewhere in Brooklyn for an assignment she had in a class. Many people think Brooklyn is very crappy but there are definitely many nice areas. 

1 comment:

Term Papers said...

Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.