Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Korean Town


I have been working very hard on my term paper in finance the last three days. It was due today and I finished it yesterday night.

I was certainly waiting too long before starting on the paper. I have had a lot to do but I am sure I could have started it a little earlier. I ended up with 22 pages and I think I covered most about everything that I wanted to cover.

As I mentioned before, the paper consisted of two parts. The last part was basically a summary of the research and had to be in your own words. Students would have to write what they had learned from the paper and how managers use the topics discussed.

This part had to be as many pages as the first part, which really did not make any sense to me. What students ended up doing was repeating themselves and start talking about quite irrelevant stuff.

My opinion is that people cannot summarize a twelve pages paper with the same amounts of pages because a summary is a summary and nothing else. I ended up with eight pages for the second part, after having typed a lot of empty words.

I am quite satisfied with my paper but as I mentioned before, I wish that I had started a little earlier.

One thing that really bothers me when it comes to Macintosh is that I cannot print documents correctly. I always have to resave the documents as windows documents and it does not help to save it as a compatible 97- word document.

When trying to print an original 97- word document created on a Macintosh, the print comes out with weird numbers and what seem to be Greek signs. To solve this problem I always have to open it on a PC, change the font, and resave it.

I had Korean food today with my fiancée. We went to Korean town at a place where you pick your own food and then pay per pound. It ended up at around $10 per person and the food was good.

Korean town is a great place with a lot of good restaurants. Many of them are not very expensive so I think it is a good place for students.

I have my first final next week. I hope I will have a review tomorrow so that I have the weekend to study for it. The final is for my international business class, which I am doing pretty well in so I am not worried about the final at all.

I took today’s picture from the Empire State Building. It really provides an excellent view of Manhattan even though I prefer The Top of the Rock building at Rockefeller Center. 

No comments: