Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bus Tickets to Boston


I bought the bus tickets for my Boston trip now. I had to do my taxes too and it was conveniently located exactly at the same address as the tax office.

There are basically two different bus companies that will take people to Boston for $15 one way. Both are located in Chinatown in Manhattan and their buses are actually departing from the same stop.

We picked the one that had the nicest office but their buses are exactly the same. My fiancée and I will not leave until April 1st but we wanted to make sure we would get tickets. Most people actually just go there the same day they leave to buy tickets.

The bus staff recommends everyone to show up 15 minutes before the bus leaves and people doing that should not have a problem catching the bus.

I went to a tax office to have my taxes done before buying tickets though. The office was located right next to the bus company’s office so it was very convenient. People having their taxes done in Chinatown will save a lot of money.

H&R Block and other tax companies usually charge a minimum fee of $75 to do peoples taxes. The office in Chinatown did my taxes for $25. I am very happy with my refund but I will not receive it until after a few weeks.

I have not been studying as much as I thought I would this weekend. I am trying to catch up today but the truth is that I feel pretty prepared for everything and not too nervous about it. I know my final in finance will be hard though so I keep reading the key chapters in the book.

I will have my last class in finance tomorrow but I do not have to go there. I will attend the class anyway though because I am afraid he will say something that will be useful for the test.

We talk a lot about Warren Buffett and I remembered that my professor had mentioned a book, which Warren Buffett had recommended people to read. I emailed my professor yesterday and asked him which book it was and he replayed to me the same day.

The book is called Security Analysis and was written by Graham and Dodd. I have not read it yet but I am sure it will be very interesting. I am thinking of buying the book but I might borrow it from the library before doing so.

I took today’s picture in Chinatown in Manhattan. My fiancée and I went there after I had done my taxes and bough the bus tickets. They have really cheap but delicious sushi. It cost $4 for twelve pieces of eel or California roll. We also bought salmon though and that one is $3.50 for eight pieces. 

No comments: