Friday, March 6, 2009

Vacuum Cleaners


I have been cleaning my apartment today. I am finally done with it but it took about two hours to finish the job.

I realized today why the American vacuum cleaners are different from the European ones. The American versions are much bigger and you have to take the whole vacuum cleaner with you wherever you go.

The European ones are smaller and has a longer pipe, which pretty much separates the handle from the vacuum cleaner itself.

The reason for this is because most Americans have carpets covering the whole floor in many of their rooms at home. The American vacuum cleaner therefore has to be stronger and there is usually a moving brush of some kind underneath it, which cleans carpets very effectively.

The European vacuum cleaners can, of course, also clean carpets but they are much less effective in doing so. It feels good to finally have solved this mystery. I have started to appreciate the American vacuum cleaners more now since I have two bedrooms with carpets in my new apartment.

One of my wisdom teeth has started to hurt again. I guess it is my last tooth to come out, or at least I really hope so. I will not go to a dentist though because it is not that painful yet and it is just too much trouble to go there.

I will stay home this weekend because I need to study. Another reason is that my metro card expired yesterday so I rather wait buying a new one until I really need it, which will be on Tuesday next week.

I do not have school on Monday because my professor in finance gave all students a study day so that everyone have time to finish their papers. I will hopefully finish my paper before that but it feels good to have an extra day to do it.

I noticed today that the dollar has strengthened a lot compared to the Swedish krona. A dollar usually bought around 7 SEK. Right now it buys approximately 9 SEK, which is a huge change.

I just got some money from Sweden and I was planning to send them to my American bank. This is not going to happen yet though and I really hope that the Swedish krona strengthens again soon.

I took today’s picture at the Brooklyn Bridge. It is a pretty common photograph to take while on the bridge but I really like it. 

No comments: