Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Final Week


This is actually the last week of school not including the final week. That feels very good because this quarter has been pretty tough.

I have my first final tomorrow in international business. I have not studied that much for it actually but I still feel well prepared for it. I have typed the two reference sheets that students are allowed to bring for the test and I think I filled it up very well this time.

I have noticed that it is pretty expensive to get help with taxes in New York. Most places charges more than $75 to do the taxes for people. My fiancĂ©e’s friend will luckily help us with our taxes so I will not have to worry about that.

There are some places in Chinatown that do it for about $20 but I am not sure how experienced the accountants there are.

It is really warm today. I think it is about 64 degrees outside. I am happy that the spring is coming now but I am sure I will complain a lot when the summer arrives because it always gets really warm.

I have already started to prepare for my final in finance. I felt a little lost about a few things but today’s class was for students to ask questions so I feel much more confident in myself now.

Topics that will show up on the test include the weighted average cost of capital, analysis of ratios, valuation of assets, financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting. It is a lot to study so I am glad I already started with it.

The last day in class is, every quarter, the Monday of the last week. After that day, the school is having, what is called the final week. In that week, everyone will have his or her final. Sometimes, as in my international business class, students take their final the week before the final week.

I like taking it earlier actually because I want to finish school as soon as possible. Thursday is always the last day for the finals and I have, unfortunately, my last one that day. That, of course, means that I do not finish school until March 26.

The annual Saint Patrick’s Day Parade took place yesterday on 5th Avenue. I had a break at 11 AM so I was able to see the end of it. I took the posted picture there just next to my school.

A lot of people were drinking this day so it was pretty crazy in Manhattan. I like watching them though and I guess I would have been one of them if I would not have any school that day. 

No comments: