Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve


This is the first blog I write this year. It is pretty amazing how fast the time has gone by this year but I have also done a lot.

I remember my last New Year’s Eve very clearly. I was at Planet Hollywood’s New Year’s Eve party, which was really fun. My fiancée and I decided to celebrate a little more personal this year by taking a walk close to Times Square.

Times Square is, of course, really crowded on New Year’s Eve and the police have blocked of many roads. It is still fun to see people celebrating and trying to persuade cops to let them pass through roadblocks though.

We have had a few pretty warm days in New York this week. Yesterday was one of the coldest days of the year though, which was unfortunate for the many hundreds of thousands people at Times Square.

That was one of the main reason my fiancée and I decided not to go to Times Square. The temperature fell down to 26F or -10C. Some people went to Times Square at around 12 PM so they had to wait for twelve hours before the show started. I would not want to do that, especially if it would be 26 degrees outside.

I saw the ball drop and the fireworks on television, which honestly lets people see a lot more than if they would hang around Times Square. It is an amazing feeling to be at Times Square when it all is happening though, and I can understand why people go there.

I am still waiting for Canon to contact me about my lens. I tracked my shipment and the package is said to have arrived three days ago. Canon told me that it takes one to three days before they put the package information in their database, but today is the third day and they still have not called me.

I am going to call them later today to see if everything is okay. I did insure my package so if it is lost I will get the full value back. I was surprised of how cheap it was to insure the shipment. I insured my package to a value of $1050 and it only cost me about $12.

My school starts in four days and I actually look forward to it. I have been relaxing for a long time now and I feel very rested now. I also want to get started with my exercising at the gym again because I have not gone there for about two weeks.

I never make New Year’s resolutions because I do not want to promise things that I am not sure I will keep. I do not really want to see my life in periods so if I decide to change something about myself, I will do that at that specific time. 

No comments: