Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Professional Selling

I have a test in professional selling tomorrow and I have to read a lot. I have five chapters to go over but most of it makes sense and is not hard to understand.

I have been studying non stop for about five days now and it will definitely feel good when the weekend starts after tomorrow. I still have to study though. I have a test in international business the coming Tuesday and my midterm in finance will take place a week from that.

Finance is definitely something I really have to put down a lot of time on. It is not that I do not understand it; it is just a lot to learn. The midterm will be quite big and cover five chapters dealing with everything from present value to income statements.

I have been focusing the last two days on the professional selling test though. It has a lot to do with communication styles and different ways of approaching customers. It is very interesting actually. I typed down and explained the key terms in a word document and I think that should help me to prepare for the test.

Many teachers who teaches from the book usually uses the key terms, often described at the end of each chapter, when they make their tests. So I recommend people to look them up before a test because if you know those terms, you will probably end up with a good grade.

I registered for next quarter yesterday. Everything went really smooth but there were some problems with the computers so I had to wait for about 40 minutes.  I had a lot of people to chat with over there though so the time flew by pretty fast.

I will take American history next quarter and I am really looking forward to that. I will also take international economics. I think that will be interesting, and I hope that I will have the same professor as I had in macro and microeconomics last quarter because he is very fun and interesting to listen to.

I will also take statistics next quarter. I think that might be a little challenging since it involves some math but I should be able to handle it. I hope that I have the same professor as I had in college algebra. He is very consultative and understands each student’s needs.

I will also take principles of management. I am sure that it will be an interesting class because I could definitely work within management in the future.

The weather is crazy in New York right now. There was a huge snowstorm this morning and Berkeley College sent out alert messages to all students warning them about the weather and informing people that some of the New Jersey campuses would open late or be cancelled.

I was not affected by it though. There has to be something really severe for that campus to close because Manhattan is almost always accessible because of the subway system.

No comments: