Saturday, January 3, 2009

Takeout


I have been eating out a lot lately, mostly because I have been too lazy to cook. I am enjoying it though but I need to stop doing it because it starts to affect my wallet.

Chinese takeout is one of my favorite foods to order. We have a lot of different restaurants to pick from in this neighborhood and almost all of them bring something unique to the table.

Lunch special costs about $5 so it is very affordable to eat out in New York, or at least in Brooklyn. Almost all restaurants offer free delivery too but I rarely use it due to the unavoidable tipping policy.

I went shopping for groceries with my fiancée today because I do not want to eat out that much when school starts. It simply costs too much and I will safe a lot of money by cooking my own food.

I bought bread so that I can make Swedish sandwiches from the food I brought from Sweden. I have not tried the things I brought yet but I am sure it tastes good because I have eaten it a lot before.

I have a really bad toothache going on right now. I have had it for about two days but the pain comes and goes all the time. It is one of my wisdom teeth that is growing so I will go to a dentist if the pain does not stop until Monday.

There is a great dentist clinic south of Central Park that I have looked up. It is closed during the weekend so I convinced myself to try to manage the pain and hope that it will go away by itself until then. But like I said, if it is not gone by Monday, I will definitely go there.

I have a great insurance to so I will not have to pay a dime for it. Swedish students are pretty lucky that way actually. We have great opportunities for cheap loans and insurances that cover almost everything.

I bought three of my textbooks for school today. It is really expensive but I bought used ones so the final bill got a lot cheaper than what it would have gotten if I had bought brand new ones.

I paid about $150 for all three books. It is a little risky to buy the books already because the teachers sometimes change the book even if it is in the syllabus. I decided to take that risk this time though because I do not want to risk that I get the books too late.  

I am looking forward to start school again. I only have one day left though so I will try to enjoy tomorrow as much as possible. I am sure I will miss comfortable days like this when the school has started again. 

No comments: