Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Comfortable Week Ahead


I finally have a somewhat relaxing day. I only had finance today and I do not have too much to do for tomorrow.

I am going to look over a small assignment for my police and society class. It deals with questions from a video we saw in class. The documentary showed the history of the police society in New York and it was very interesting.

It was amazing to see the old New York and the huge differences from that time and today. Police officers before the 1900s used brutal force to maintain order and they almost functioned as some kind of mafia.

It was actually a former president who transformed and modernized the police force in the very early 1900s, Theodore Roosevelt. He was the police commissioner of New York between 1895 and 1897.

I really love reading about New York history. I have not really read much about it since I had classes in English so I greatly appreciate this class.

I have started to understand finance much more now than what I did after my first two classes. It sounds obvious, but I really thought that I would have to struggle a lot to keep up with the professor.

I read the book when I have time so that I will be updated and prepared for the coming classes. That is really the key to understand finance, at least for me. A lot of people had problems with today’s assignment but I successfully solved the problem together with a friend.

We later found out that the answer was provided in the book, which annoyed many who had struggled several hours the previous evening. I was okay with it because it is a fact that you get better practice if you do it yourself instead of just copying the answer.

I will not have any finance at all next week. Next Monday is Martin Luther King day so everyone at Berkeley College is free from school. The following Wednesday has been cancelled because my teacher had to attend a meeting.

We have gotten plenty of homework though so I will be quite busy at home. It will be nice to only have to go to school two days next week. The first days have been pretty stressful and this will give me some time to relax and focus on reading books.

I am really looking forward to move now. I am still trying to find someone for my old place though and I really hope I will succeed so that I will not have to pay double rent. I have a few people who wants to see the place today though so I think it will work out. 

No comments: