Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bull Riding Coming Up!


I have now met all my teachers for this quarter and I have a good feeling about it.  I have four extremely experienced teachers. One of those teachers is a little boring with no humor or smiles but that is okay.

My teacher in international business has several degrees in various subjects and has worked a lot in Germany. He knows a lot about business and he is also a very funny person. I laughed out loud several times during his class.

I think I will really enjoy his classes and I will definitely learn a lot. The second teacher I met yesterday was my teacher in police and society. She has a more than twenty year old experience within the New York Police Department and sits therefore with great knowledge.

It is interesting to hear about her experiences and there are definitely things about policing that I am unfamiliar with. I am sure that it will be a very interesting class. There will be many discussions in the class also, which I like.

The third and last teacher I met has great experience too. He owns a company close to Bryant Park with over 3000 employees. They sell cloths to Calvin Klein and similar. This guy definitely knows what he is talking about but he is not really the kind of teacher that I feel comfortable around with.

He never smiles or jokes and everything feels very serious. I understand that college is a serious thing and I believe I prove that by maintaining a 4.0 GPA but I also believe that there are better ways to teach students than scaring them and making them feel nervous.

The professor is, however, very experiences so I am sure that I will learn a whole lot from his class. We have been assigned a term paper that is supposed to be presented orally. We work in groups of three. I really do not like to work with other students because there is always someone that makes something go wrong.

I have to go up really early these days because I start at 8 AM and 9 AM. It has not been too hard yet but I am sure I will feel pretty tired in a few weeks.

I will go to see bull riding at Madison Square Garden on Friday. I was there last year too and that was hilarious. It is mostly people from the South that try to stay on the bull for, what I believe is, thirteen seconds.

The tickets only cost about $50 so it is not a big expense. I think it lasts for about two hours and people are having really fun during the whole time it is going on. 

1 comment:

Floppy said...

I can't wait to go to the bull riding invitational.. I have never seen one before.. My friend and I just got our tix and the most awesome thing is we only had to pay for 1!! They have this buy 1 get 1 free thing going on.. Check it out.. http://www.thegarden.com/tickets/promotion.html?p_id=HPPBR&s10779c0o88807t10794n35043e