Monday, January 5, 2009

First Day


I had my first day in class today, this quarter. The class was finance and I have been a little nervous about it.

When people hear the word finance, they think of math and numbers. Their thoughts are justified because when talking business, everything comes down to numbers in the end. Finance is more than just numbers though. It includes shareholders value and things like capital investments.

I was surprised to hear in class that we will not only calculate with numbers. There are so many things to finance and it is truly interesting. We will talk a lot about management decision-making and financial statements.

My teacher is a former vice president for a famous company here in New York so I really look up to him so far. I have only been able to shape a first impression but I definitely feel good about it.

He is also a very funny guy. He is not slow or boring but very sharp and intelligent. Berkeley College is very good in finding professional teachers with long experience.

I have decided to start eating healthier. I will not start to eat only salads and fruit, but I will skip unnecessary drinks such as soda and drink water instead. I will also not order too much takeout food and other fast foods.

I went to the gym today for the first time in three weeks. I did not work out during the break because of my trip to Sweden. I am not in that bad shape actually because I was able to run for 45 minutes without stopping.

I will go to the gym four days every week and run for at least 45 minutes. I should be able to lose quite much weight in a month if I keep it up. I have gained a few pounds during the break because of the Christmas food and being lazy but I do not worry about it at all.

I want to be able to eat good and tasty food without having to think about my weight. I will eat extra healthy for about two months to lose some weight but I will start eating normal again after that. I should not gain any more weight as long as I keep working out.

I have to get up really early these days because of school. I have to get up at 6.10 tomorrow so that I have enough time to prepare and take the train to Manhattan. It is pretty hard now in the beginning but I am imagining sleepy days in the weekend so I can manage it thanks to that. 

No comments: