Monday, January 12, 2009

A Tough Quarter


This quarter will be very busy. I will definitely have to dedicate more time to study more this quarter than the last one.

I did not really realize it until yesterday actually. I had to do some problems and questions for my finance class and it was very challenging. I had not read the chapter, which I should have had.

The teacher is very professional and he knows a lot. He goes way beyond what would normally be covered in the book. I am not really complaining but it will definitely be challenging to follow for some people.

I went to the gym after my finance class and straight home after that today. I read the finance book on my way home to Brooklyn and I got a better understanding of what we talked about in class. It will definitely be important to read the chapters before class.

I also had to do a few questions for my international business class. They mostly dealt with how managers make decisions in global companies. It is very interesting actually but it takes a while to answer the questions because they often ask you to compare and contrast or describe differences.

I was planning to start packing a little to prepare to move out but I have not had the time today. Tomorrow will be busy to because I will have to prepare financial statements for my finance class. It seems as if I will have homework every day of class this quarter.

It has been really cold in New York today. I think it dropped down to about 20F. My apartment is also really cold because the landlord does not provide us with enough heat. I had to wear a hat and scarf ones because it was less than 60F inside.

Things like that make me feel really happy that I will move. The main reason I wanted to move though was because I wanted to get my own place with my fiancée.

I will go out for dinner later today. I will probably have a subway sandwich with tuna or similar. It is very convenient and not too expensive. They always have a $5 foot long deal here in New York.

Next Monday is Martin Luther King Day. Many people in the United States are looking up to this day because they see King as a patriot and an American hero. This day has become a holiday because of this and that means I do not have school that day, which is nice because that is the day I have finance.

My teacher will, for sure, give us some homework for that day though. He is not the kind of guy that gives you an easy break. I respect that though because I pay for this education and I really get value for my money. 

1 comment:

Emy JC said...

Hej! Mitt namn är Emy och jag är intresserad av att studera på Berkley College, var inne på hemsidan och sen så snubblade jag över din blogg och såg att du var svensk.. :) Är lite nyfiken att höra om hur det är att studera på Berkley College och vad man kan ha att vänta sig, är det svårt att gå direkt från gymnasium över till en utbildning på Berkley och hur pass bra är utbildningen, lärare, internship etc..? Om du har tid och lust får du gärna maila mig för att berätta lite kortfattat om din personliga erfarenhet av Berkley och dina studier där, tack på förhand. Kram Emy