Thursday, January 22, 2009

How To Dress


Some people wonder what you should wear when attending college. Some schools in Europe require students to wear suit or similar so I can understand the question.

Students at Berkeley College are not required to wear suit or any specific clothing. I support that rule because it is nice to sometimes come dressed casually. I normally wear suit pants and shirts together with a coat in the winter.

I want to feel dressed because Berkeley College is a business environment and you never know who you might meet there. I also think that professors look more up to you if you dress properly and look as if you take your education seriously.

Most students dress properly and many fashion students dress very flashy. My professional selling teacher always dresses up in very flashy outfits because he owns a fashion company in Midtown Manhattan.

Everyone have those days when you just want to put on your jeans and a comfortable sweater. This is perfectly acceptable. Some students wear it all the time while others, like me, like to wear fancier, more up scale clothing.

I am in a group in my professional selling class and we have to make a presentation together. The project focuses on selling something to a retailer. My group has had a few problems in coming up with ideas of what to sell but today, we finally came up with something.

A guy in my group is from India so I suggested we should sell something related to that country. This later led us to the idea of selling a consulting service of setting up customer centers and help desks for American customers.

This is very popular in today’s market and many companies are outsourcing their customer service centers to countries with cheap labor, such as India and China. I really think this will be a good presentation and also very successful.

The two people in my group are international business majors while I am a marketing major. I believe this is a great combination for selling a service like this and it will definitely not be any problem to talk about it.

I will have to study this weekend. I have two assignments in finance to deal with, and I will also have my first midterm this quarter on Thursday next week. That test is in professional selling and I do not think that I will have any problems with it.

The test covers five chapters so I will definitely have to read a lot but most things in the book make sense, and they are pretty logical if you think like a salesperson. However, as I have mentioned before, the first test is always the hardest one because you never know what kinds of questions the teacher will test you on. 

No comments: