Monday, December 29, 2008

Back In New York


I came home to New York yesterday and it feels great. My fiancée and I had planned to go to Planet Hollywood, which is a great restaurant in Times Square.

The flight went really good. My bag was overweight but the clerk told me that it was okay for this time so I did not have to pay anything or repack it into two bags.

The flight was a little less comfortable on my way back to New York because I did not fly economy extra. The differences were that there is less space and that you cannot start the movie you want to watch whenever you want to.

I was also allowed to bring my guitar as carry on, which made me really happy. I watched the new Batman movie and parts of Mama Mia.

I got through the security checks without any problems and then took the bus to New York. I met my fiancée when I arrived there and we went to Planet Hollywood to eat. I had to bring all my bags to the restaurant, which was pretty unpractical and heavy.

The restaurant is great though because it is not a fancy place but a place where you can relax and not worry whether your face is clean or not.

We ordered Texas tostadas for starter. They tasted amazingly good, especially together with our “bananarama” drinks. We then shared two main courses. I had spareribs and my fiancée had sizzling fajitas.

We usually box our food if we cannot eat it. We cleaned our plates this time though so there was nothing to box. The food was really good, especially the spareribs. My fiancée and I have eaten there several times before but the food was especially tasty this time.

I shipped my Canon camera lens today and I really hope that the damage will be covered by the warranty. There is definitely some physical damage on the lens but I never dropped it or anything and I am always very careful with it. That is why I think the warranty should cover it.

I woke up at 10 AM today so I am really happy that I am not suffering from a jetlag. I will relax in the coming days and be with my fiancée before school starts. I still have a week before all that happens so that feels good. 

No comments: