Sunday, January 25, 2009

Target

There has been a lot to do this weekend. It was mostly because I am moving and needed new appliances such as a microwave and blinds.

I went out yesterday to get a microwave and a rice machine. I thought Target would be a good store to go to so I went there with my fiancée. It turned out to be a great day at Target because they had a big sale and unbeatable deals.

The microwave cost about $70 and the rice machine around $30. I guess those items were not on sale but I still think the price was decent. We also found a frying pan at the clearance section. We paid $12 for a frying pan worth at least $30 so that felt really good.

The probably best deal we found at target was cereal. My fiancée and I love cereal, especially the Kellogg’s brand. They have blueberry, vanilla, red berries, fruit and yogurt, and chocolate flavor and they usually cost a little more than $5.

Sometimes you may find a two for $5 deal but Target sold each package for $2.26. We bought nine packs since cereal last a very long time as long as you do not open the box.

I forgot to bring a cart that we usually bring when we shop for groceries so it was quite a drag to get home. I thought my arms were going to fall off at one point in time but here I am typing my blog, with both of my arms.

My landlord started to help us putting up new blinds in the apartment. We have to replace seven of them so it takes some time. I told him he did not have to do everything yesterday so he will come back another day to finish the job

He replaced three of them in one room and it looks so much better with new white blinds. He also helped us to put up a bathroom cabinet. At first we did not know how to put it together but my fiancée figured it out for us.

My landlord also helped me to connect the antenna with my TV. I can now watch all channels that I could watch in my old apartment. The only difference is that the picture is amazing. I guess the signal in my old apartment was too weak so I could not get DTV at that place.

In my new apartment I get HDTV and a few more channels. I am really happy about that. I need to get Internet too now but I am having some trouble with Verizon. They are trying to set up my address in their system and it takes some time.

I have talked to maybe five different people because I never got a confirmation email and they all tell me a different story. I am now going to wait till Tuesday and if they have not called me back I have a name and know who to talk to. 

No comments: