Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Apartment!


I went to bull riding at Madison Square Garden yesterday and that was a blast. It was better than last year because this time I knew what to expect.

I met my friend a couple of hours before so that we could have a few drinks before going there. We were at his apartment, which is close to Madison Square Garden and on the 56th floor.

The view up there is absolutely fantastic and I will definitely get an apartment like that after graduation and when I get a good job.

The first week of school is over and it feels good actually. It is always a lot of new information to take in the first few days and it makes students pretty exhausted. It is also hard to adjust to get up early in the morning.

I have really enjoyed this weekend and tried to get as much sleep as possible. I have some homework to do though but I will do it tomorrow.

My apartment lease is expiring in February so my fiancée and I have been looking for a new apartment for some time now. It is not easy to find a good place in New York, especially not for an affordable price.

I went to check out a few places east of Prospect Park in Crown Heights. The rent was around $900 and the neighborhood was just terrible. It was very trashy and unsafe. It is amazing how expensive it is to rent an apartment in New York. That people have to pay $1000 to live in a bad and dangerous neighborhood is just ridiculous.

My fiancée found a place yesterday when I was at Madison Square Garden. We really found a bargain actually because we went there today and the place looks very nice. It is in the same neighborhood as where we live now and it is less than $1000.

We signed the contract today and will move in the 20th this month. I am very happy with it and I cannot wait to move in. It will be so nice to have our own place. I am so tired of sharing bathroom and kitchen with roommates.

The weather has been great today too. It is snowing and the temperature is nice. It is probably below 34F but it does not feel that cold. I love the snow because it makes everything look beautiful and it also makes everything quieter.

The new apartment is also great for my cat because she can run around more. She gets a little crazy sometimes because she needs to exercise. That will not be a problem in my new place though because there is plenty of room for her to run around. 

No comments: