Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Scantron Tests


I have gotten back both of my tests now and I can’t be other than satisfied with it. There was one thing that upset me a little though even though it might sound a little ridiculous.

Both of the tests were multiple choice tests and everyone were using scantron sheets to write down their answers. The tests are then plugged into a machine that calculates the score and grade. It is important to mark the answer clearly with your pen, which I learned today.

I had one mistake on my macroeconomics test and the mistake I made was silly. The scantron machine marked my sheet as having a mistake and that the correct answer was “A.” I had answered “A,” but the machine didn’t scan it because I didn’t mark it good enough.

It really doesn’t matter since I got 98% on the test but it is still a little annoying just because of the principle that I was right. My teacher didn’t want to change, which I do not really understand but it is okay.

I got a few more assignments to do for next week but I will not do them until the weekend. I have had a small headache for a few days now and I really don’t have any idea of why. I think it might be the weather because I talked to a friend in school and she had also experienced headache for a few days.

New York is really extreme when it comes to weather, and in all other ways for that matter. In the summer it is really hot and in the winter it is really cold. That is why I really like the fall because the temperature is perfect.

Another reason why I like the fall is that the city becomes really beautiful and I am looking forward to take some photographs in that season. The colors are truly fantastic and seeing all the colorful leaves in Central Park is amazing.

Winter is also one of my favorite seasons because everything becomes calmer. If it is snowing outside everything becomes quieter and people tense to calm down. I first thought that it could only happen in small cities, such as the one I am from, in Sweden. However, it is definitely noticeable in New York too, which is very pleasant.

The heat really makes me tired too, and when I came home after school today I fell asleep. I usually never take afternoon naps but after these days’ headache and heat, I have just been exhausted.

I bought the new Guitar Hero’s game a few days ago. It is fun with some new songs and my fiancée and I now have one guitar each, which makes it fun for both of us. It is a really fun game especially when you don’t have anything better to do.

No comments: