Friday, August 15, 2008

Chow Mein


I have discovered a new dish, “Chow Mein.” It is delicious and consists of noodles and various vegetables.

My fiancée and I first had it in Flushing but I had no idea what it was called. I found out today though so we took the train to Chinatown in Brooklyn to eat it.

We were not so sure if they would have it there but I had faith. After walking around for a while, we finally found it. As expected, it tasted delicious.

I looked up the recipe online today so I think I will try cooking it this weekend.

There is another thunderstorm here today. It was beautiful this afternoon but there is almost always a storm in the evening. I just find it odd because I am not used to see that many thunderstorms. I somehow like it though.

I did all my 72 review questions for my advertising and promotion test today. It feels good to be done with that because it takes a lot of time and it is not that fun to search for things in the book for several hours.

I was planning to book a reservation ticket for the Statue of Liberty today but they are sold out. There will probably be another storm tomorrow but it is supposed to be beautiful on Sunday so I might go to check out the balloon at Central Park that day.

I really want to take some night shots with my camera soon. I am thinking about going to Times Square to get some action packed pictures or Queens for skyline shots. I am tempted in buying a new lens because the one I have only has a range of 24-70mm, which does not offer that much zoom.

The lenses are expenses though so I am not sure yet if I should buy it or not.

I just realized how big my assignment for advertising and promotion is. It will take several hours to do it and I have to do it for Tuesday. That leaves me with plenty of time but I would rather spend those hours with my fiancée.

My family will come to visit me in September and I am really looking forward to that. I am sure that they will have an awesome time here, especially the kids. They will love the “Toys R Us,” store at Times Square and I will show them around and let them see some things many tourists won’t think about.

No comments: