Monday, August 18, 2008

The Beach and a Car Accident


Today was a really fun day. It started off with a car accident and after that, my fiancée and I went to the beach.

I wanted to eat out this morning so we went to a local diner and had some breakfast. I had a pancake platter with hash brownies and scrambled eggs and my fiancée had a huge roast beef sandwich.

It was the first time that I was there and I think that I will go there again. It is very affordable and the food is good.

When we were walking home we saw a speeding car running red lights and crashing into two other cars. It took place just 10 meters away from us but people handled it fairly calmly.

It took about two minutes before help arrived. There were a few minor injuries but nothing looked to be too serious. As you can see in one of the pictures, police arrested one man. Everything was pretty exciting to watch actually.

Two cars were totally wrecked and I think that the car that crashed into the other cars, actually was on sale.

I checked my grade online for the international marketing test today. I was positively surprise to find out that I got an A on the test. I was a little worried that I would get a B actually so I am very happy with the result.

It will be very interesting to see the test tomorrow so that I can see how many points I got and what mistakes I made.

After the car accident today, my fiancée and I went to the beach. We have always wanted to check out Long Beach so we took the train there. We bought some subway sandwiches and snacks so we were prepared for a long day at the beach.

We were very disappointed when we got there though. Long Beach is not really nice actually. There are not many people there and we didn’t know the area well enough. It also takes a long time to go there. I think we spent about one and a half hours on the train.

We took the train back right after we arrived there but we decided to go to Coney Island instead. We arrived there at about 3.30 PM so the weather was still nice and warm. There were a lot of people but it was still plenty of room for us.

I didn’t swim but I dipped my feet in the water because I had to watch our valuables. It was a great day and when we came home, we had meatballs with rice and cabbage.

I finished my assignment for advertising and promotion this evening so I am ready to go to school tomorrow.

No comments: