Sunday, August 10, 2008

Flushing


My fiancée and I went to Chinatown yesterday. There are three Chinatown’s in New York. There is one each in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.

People say that the one in Queens is the biggest one, but I doubt it. It was really fun to be there though because they have really good food. We had some noodles, Chinese pancakes, fish, and a lot more.

It takes a while to get there because it is the last stop with the “7” train. We left from Times Square which is the first stop with “7” train and the ride to the last stop called Flushing took about 30 minutes.

I need to type down some notes from my international marketing class today. I haven’t studied at all yet so I feel that it is time to do so today. Everything students need to know is on the syllabus, which is good.

I am going to type down the definitions and some other information today so that I can study on my way home from school tomorrow. I have about 40 minutes to spend on the train from school and I really like that actually because it makes it possible for me to study a little.

I am not sure of what to do today. I will eat some breakfast and after that I will probably go out and do something. The weather looks great so I might go to the beach or something like that.

The Olympic Games have started now and I was watching the opening ceremony with my fiancée. It was a fantastic show actually and I am looking forward to see the competitions. Right now, I am watching USA beat China in basketball.

There has been one thing that I have missed from Sweden, a cheese slicer. I asked my mom to send me one and it arrived yesterday. They also sent me a certain cheese, which I love, so I am really happy now. I bought a toaster a while ago so I made some toast and had cheese on it. It really tastes good and it reminds me of Swedish taste.

I will go to IKEA to buy more cheese after I have eaten this one. In Sweden we eat a lot of cheese, especially on sandwiches. After coming to New York I stopped eating that for breakfast so it is nice to try it again.

I am thinking about going to New Jersey again. I want to walk along the waterfront and take some pictures. The view from there is really nice and maybe I could take a few shots when the sun sets.

No comments: