Sunday, August 3, 2008

Governors Island


We never went to Bronx Zoo and the main reason of that was because of the New York MTA. I got really annoyed by the subway that day so we choose to skip the zoo and go to Governors Island instead.

My fiancée and I was in a good mood in the morning and we really wanted to go to the zoo. When we arrived to our local subway station we found out that there were no Manhattan bound trains. That was okay so we walked about 15 minutes to another station.

We then took that train to Atlantic Avenue to switch to the 5 train. We waited for about twenty minutes and then found out that there were no 5 trains from that station. It was really warm inside the subway and it really gets annoying when the trains are not working normally.

After that I had calmed down a little, we took the train to Wall Street instead. We had some ice coffee at McDonald’s and later took the boat to Governors Island. I have been there before but my fiancée has never been there.

It was actually a great decision because the boats to there are free and on Fridays they offer free bike rentals for one hour.

We had a great time there and it was a lot more fun than the last time when I was there alone. The bikes are in great condition and it is really enjoyable to ride them on the island because there are not many people around.

The day after that, which was yesterday, my fiancée and I decided to take the IKEA bus to New Jersey. We were really hungry when we got there so we had some Swedish meatballs there. That was really good and they also have a few cakes that taste delicious.

I had a chocolate cake and my fiancée had a vanilla almond cake. We actually didn’t buy furniture but we bought more frozen Swedish meatballs, chocolate, crackers, and Swedish bread.

I have already tried some chocolate and I love it. Swedish chocolate is amazing and if you go to IKEA, I really recommend you to try Marabou Milk Chocolate.

It will rain today so we will stay inside. If the weather turns out good, we might go to Long Beach. We have never been there before so we are both a little curious of what it looks like.

I have to do the extra credit assignment in advertising and promotion today. I think I will finish it in about 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Caroline Bawedin said...

I love the zoo! and Swedish meatballs! When I go to Ikea I always take meatballs and Swedish chocolate ;) By the way,I didn't know you have a fiancée;that's awesome! Will you get married?