Sunday, June 1, 2008

New York's Finest In Action


Something really awesome happened today. I had to go out and buy new shoes because it’s so warm outside and I only have shoes that I have to wear socks with. So I went out to Payless Shoes, which by the way is a great shoe store with unbeatable prices, to buy sandals.

Everything was normal and I was looking around the store to see if I could find anything I would like. Suddenly I hear a guy saying, “What are you doing, put that away.” I noticed two Mexican guys with two bags, and the other guy was yelling at them. He was obviously a civilian cop and the Mexicans had tried to steal some shoes.

I am censoring the language a little! The cop forced the first guy to open his bag and grabbed him in the collar pushing him outside the store. He then came back to the other guy, who was obviously very nervous. The Mexican then put his hands behind his back or something and the cop yelled, “Let me see those hands.” At the same time, the cop took a grip on him and pushed him into the shoe shelf.

He opened his bag and tossed out the shoes and said, “It’s either jail or get the *censured* out of here!” I know this is a very serious situation but I really love this stuff. The New York finest is always fun to watch. I love the show “Cops” by the way.

It was really fun to see the thieves’ faces when the cop yelled at them. They couldn’t have picked a worse time and place. God bless people like this cop. They are doing a great job in making this world a safer place.

I found a pair of shoes I really like and they look really good. It’s a sandal but it looks very fashionable, and it’s comfortable. I can wear them everywhere, especially at the beach. I can imagine taking long walks along the beach with my girlfriend, and finally I have the right shoes for it. This must have been the most interesting and fun shopping day I have ever had.

I rented a movie from my school this Friday. It’s a fairly small library but they offer a lot which is great. They have a lot of movies to choose from and people are allowed to keep it for three days. This doesn’t cost anything of course. I borrowed “Saving Private Ryan,” which is one of my favorite movies. They also have “Die Hard 3,” and other really new movies.

I have to study some more accounting today. I did all my old assignments for one chapter yesterday, and I have two more chapters to do today. It’s not that painful actually and I learn a lot. I really recommend you to do the old homework as a review if you study accounting. Some people just read the chapters again and try to do some problems in their heads. This won’t work.

I am the number one student in my class so I know what works and what doesn’t. Everyone has their own technique though. I do the old assignments and after that, I staple the work. This gives me a great template to use for reviewing the test.

There was a big thunder storm yesterday and I happened to be outside just when it occurred. I read in the new that it would start between 2 pm and 4 pm so I went out at 12.30pm. It started earlier though and I got pretty soaked. However, I bought an umbrella, which I actually needed, so everything turned out fine.

No comments: