Friday, June 27, 2008

Seattle

Seattle is amazing and I am doing a lot all the time. I went to the Pike Place Market this Wednesday and that’s a really nice place. It’s very old fashioned and there are many local people. There are of course a couple of tourists too though.

It’s really fun to see the fishermen who work there and there is one place where they throw the fish when you order which is a bit famous here in Seattle. When you place your order, one of the fishermen grabs the fish and yells something really loud, then he throws it to another fisherman who later packs it.

It’s quite a show and really fun to see. After my visit at the Pike Place Market, my friends and I went to an Indian island. It’s really fun actually and it takes about 45 minutes by boat to get there. We had some clam soup as a starter and saw a show about Indian traditions. While watching, we ate salmon with potatoes and some delicious bread.

The boat ride home was amazing. The boat ride home took place at about 8 PM so the sun was setting when we were on our way back. I got some really good shots with my camera and I can’t wait to get back to New York so that I can see them in my computer.

I went out to Seattle alone yesterday. I was walking around a lot and went up the Smith Tower, which used to be Seattle’s tallest building. It has open elevators so you can see every floor while you pass them. The view is great up there too and it’s definitely worth the $7 I spent.

The beer is really cheap in Seattle. A bottle of Heineken costs about $4 and in New York it costs about $7. I also walked along the waterfront and I went to have lunch at McDonald’s. I found out that they have a triple cheeseburger so I had to try that one out.

It tastes really good and one is definitely enough to make you full. We only have single cheeseburger in Sweden so I was happy when I discovered that New York has double cheeseburger. It’s a little crazy that there is a triple cheeseburger but I love it.

My host picked me up in the evening because he was going to perform for a lions club. He’s a magician and he’s really good. I took some pictures but not too many because I wanted to enjoy the show. It’s amazing what he does. He will do some close up magic tricks for me later before I go back to New York.

I was checking out the city of Edmonds today which is where I stay. It’s a very small city and the people here are very friendly. I really like this place and I can imagine me and my fiancée living in a place like this in the future.

The West Coast is very different from the East Coast. I actually find that the people here on the West Coast are friendlier. I think that New York is one of a kind too though. New York is so different from the rest of the States. I still like New York though; it’s a great city especially for business and fashion.

No comments: