Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hot!


This week has so far been really good. I was expecting to get my accounting test back on Tuesday but I met my accounting teacher on Monday and he told me my grade. He was really happy for me because I had gotten 200 out of 200.

I got it back officially today though and there was one thing that kind of bothered me. I was the only one who got an A in the class. My teacher gave everyone an extra 21 credits on the test but I didn’t get it since I had gotten top score. So after he had given out the extra 21 credits one more person got an A. I’m totally fine with that but I would expect him to give me 21 points extra too.

This could be important for the final actually. If I would perform badly on the final I might need those extra credits. I don’t think there is a risk for that though and even if I would perform poorly, I think my teacher would make some justifications for me.

I will hand in my final draft for my English paper tomorrow. I couldn’t get an appointment at the tutoring center because I wasn’t there early enough. I think my paper is good though. I was paired with a good student at the workshop we had in class and she gave me some good comments about it. I helped her with her paper too and I think that we will do better because of that.

It’s still incredibly warm here. I’m really happy that I bought the air conditioner and I don’t think I would have been able to live here without it actually. It’s over 100 degrees outside and inside the apartment. The wind usually helps but when it’s this warm it actually makes it worse. It’s like being inside of a huge sauna.

One thing that makes my room even warmer is my laptop. It becomes so hot and that makes the whole room really warm. I am thinking about buying the MacBook and I saw a few days ago that Apple offers a free IPod Nano or IPod Touch if you buy a laptop. This offer is only for students and I’m really tempted in buying it now.

I had my last computer test today and I was a little curious about how my professor would structure the test. It’s about integrating Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. It’s not that hard actually but people have to know the right commands. I’ve been using and working with computers since I was a kid so I feel very comfortable dealing with it.

There have been a couple of thunderstorms the last few days. There was one just now actually and it was really loud. It’s not only that it was loud, there were a lot of lightning going on too. I like thunderstorms though.

This is actually my last week in school this quarter. The next week is the finals week and I only have classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. That feels good actually and I have to prepare for my trip to Seattle.

I need to buy a new bag and I have to look up some information about the city. This weekend I have to do some studying for the finals and also do some assignments for my marketing class. The temperature will hopefully drop in a few days to at least 85 degrees.

No comments: