Friday, June 20, 2008

Coney Island


I went to IKEA yesterday after I had written my blog. It was actually really fun. IKEA itself is okay, it looks the same wherever people go. I love the furniture though but I didn’t buy anything. The main reason I went there was because of the ferry service.

IKEA offers free boats from Manhattan and the boats are really nice. They are very comfortable and the view is amazing. I have never seen Manhattan from that angle before and it just looks fantastic. People will also see the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, and when the waterfall underneath the bridge will be done, I can imagine how good that must be.

I saw another waterfall though but that one seemed to be closer to Manhattan Bridge. It looks really cool and that is probably a waterfall based on the same art project. People can choose to either sit inside the boat or outside. There weren’t many people when I went there so it was really comfortable.

I wish I had brought the camera though, but I forgot to do that. I also went to Berkeley College to pick up my English paper. I met my English teacher just outside the school and he gave it back to me. That was the only English paper I didn’t go to the tutor with and I was happy when I found out that I got an A+.

This really shows that I have improved my writing skills and that makes me feel really glad and confident. I am only waiting for one more grade now and that is the one in marketing. I am almost certain that I will get an A though.

I went to Coney Island today to take some pictures. The weather has been really beautiful today and it was perfect for photographing. I looked up when the eating competition in Coney Island is and that is the fourth of July. I think I will go there but there will be about 30000 people watching the contest so I guess I will have to be there early.

Coney Island is really nice in the summer and there are a lot of people there. The amusement park is popular but a lot of people also just hang out on the beach. I took some really nice pictures there and the picture I have posted on the blog is from today.

I don’t know what I will do tomorrow but I think I will start preparing for my trip to Seattle. I have to plan what to bring and what to do. I will definitely visit the airplane museum and I might go to Canada for two days. I will tell you more after tomorrow.

Many international students go home during the summer actually. Some of them take the whole quarter off and only do three quarters a year. I think I will do four quarters a year every year. I used to work before I came here and I only had six weeks’ vacation each year so having a little more than eight when going to college is really nice.

No comments: