Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Welcome to America

I arrived to Seattle yesterday evening and the flight was good. It was about two hours delayed because of severe weather so that was a little annoying. My hosts picked me up at the airport which was really nice. They are great people and very kind.

Right when I got to the airport I could feel that Seattle was different from New York. The people are friendlier, the city is calmer, and it’s so much cleaner. What was really bad about the flight was that they only gave us two small bags of cookies during the flight and that was a six hour trip. I was starving when I landed.

My hosts gave me some chips and water when I met them though and when we arrived at their home they cooked some pea soup with garlic bread. I really like their home. It’s very American and the neighborhood is beautiful.

They also have two very sweet dogs and they are very friendly and cuddly. We went to bed early because of the time difference and they had also had a busy day. After we had said goodnight to each other I tried to call my girlfriend.

I don’t have a reception here and that’s really bad. It’s not only because it’s a little outside Seattle but because my cell phone is bad. So I really wanted to talk to her and I finally logged in to my hosts computer and was able to chat with her, which was a relief. I need to talk to my baby!

My hosts are really nice and they have planned a lot for me. We made a small schedule yesterday and decided what to do.

I feel a little as if this is the real America. New York is so different from all the other states in the United States. Today I went to the “Museum of Flight,” “Space Needle,” and downtown Seattle. The Museum of Flight was amazing. They have all kinds of planes and I sat in the cockpit of a blackbird spy plane which was really cool. I also went inside a Concorde. They are really small actually and they look like a rocket.

I also checked out the Airforce One aircraft from the 50s. That’s the president plane and President Eisenhower among others used that plane. It’s really nice and the furniture is really comfortable in there. They also have a lot of phones and other equipment required to run the world from the air.

I can imagine how nice today’s Airforce One must be. After we had been there we went to see downtown Seattle and we also went up the Space Needle tower. The view from up there is amazing. I really like Seattle and it’s really beautiful.

If you go up a tall skyscraper in New York there is always one angle where the city doesn’t look that nice. In Seattle, it’s beautiful everywhere. We also went to a couple of bars and had a few beers. I really liked the style of them because they were like diners and really American.

They served me a lot of food too and I love generosity. I will tell you guys more about Seattle after tomorrow. I will upload pictures when I come home to New York.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH....now i can finally get on ur blog and read them....
By the way,ur cell does SUCKS!!!