Monday, June 30, 2008

Back in New York

I have come back to New York now and I have mixed feelings about it. It feels great to be home but I will miss Seattle. I will miss the extremely friendly people there, and the charming nature.

I had a really good time yesterday because my host took me out on a hiking trip. We climbed a total of about five miles and it was quite exhausting. The hills were steep but the view was amazing. It was a really good exercise and I took a bunch of good photos.

I took more than 450 pictures on my trip to Seattle actually and I am still downloading them to my computer. I have experienced so much this week and I feel really happy about my trip. My host did some magic tricks for me my last night and he is amazing.

He is performing as a professional in Seattle at parties and other events. His name is George Mack so if you live in Seattle and is looking for some entertainment; you should definitely look him up. If you can’t find him, you are more than welcome to ask me for his information.

New York is still very warm and I am running my air condition on max power. I think it’s my building that absorbs the heat in some way because it’s about 75 degrees outside. I wish that it could have been a little cooler here because I want to wear my new Seattle shirt.

I will post three pictures this time because I didn’t post pictures in my last blogs. I would say that my favorite thing in Seattle was walking around in the city and feel the energy there. Pike Place Market is an amazing place with some very interesting people and things to buy.

I actually saw a couple at the airport in Seattle with a large box of fish. They had bought it at the market and you are actually allowed to bring it on the plane as long as it doesn’t contain anything dangerous.

When I came back to New York I took a cab home. They have installed a GPS system in the cabs now and you can pay with credit card which is really good. What isn’t that good is that the cab driver himself can’t use the GPS system.

The passenger can watch television and see on a map where he or she is but the driver doesn’t have access to that. My driver had problem finding my address so he was driving around a lot which boosted up the bill. That was a little annoying but he did actually turn the meter of when he drove the wrong way.

I ended up paying $65 including tip which is expensive since it’s in Brooklyn. They have a flat rate to Manhattan for $45 and that is a longer ride. I might complain about this actually. Right now I am just relaxing and thinking about all I did in Seattle.

No comments: