Friday, May 30, 2008

Spelling Competition


I got back my math test this Wednesday. I got 95 out of 100 and that definitely feels good. I really despise math and to get that score boosts my confidence a little. My girlfriend is always there for me and helps me with math if I need it. She is really good at it and it feels so good that she can help me.

I have the television on right now and there is some kind of spelling competition showing. That really feels American because I have never seen anything like it in Sweden. I guess the kids are about 10 years old and they are really intelligent. The words are not only hard to spell, but they are also complicated in the matter of what they mean.

I thought I was going to get back my English paper last Wednesday but the teacher didn’t correct them. I was a little disappointed about that actually, but at least we will get it back on Monday. They weather is still really warm here but I am getting used to it. I might still buy an air conditioner though.

I cleaned the kitchen two days ago. I just have to tell you guys about the chemical I used. The wall was really greasy and normal chemicals wouldn’t work. The one I used is called “Easy Off” and you just spray it on the wall and wait for about five minutes. After that you can just wipe it clean really easy. It’s totally amazing and the kitchen looks really good now.

I will study for my accounting test on Thursday this weekend. I think I will be able to figure out everything, especially since I have so many days to study. I don’t have much else to do in school that week.

I don’t even have English quizzes anymore. We have had twelve quizzes now so the teacher won’t give them out anymore. We will get our average score next week. I think I will have a nine out of ten average or something like that. It’s definitely an A anyway.

I’m thinking about buying a new computer. I am so tired of the laptop I use now. It gets really warm, especially during the summer. I have to use a laptop cooler to make it colder. The laptop cooler I have is a kind of mat that you place in the freezer and then you place the computer on it.

If you place your hand on the bottom side of it after it has run for about two hours, you will burn yourself. It’s that hot! It will also shut down by itself if I don’t cool it down. I’m a little tempted in buying a MacBook laptop.

They are great in size and performance and they look good. The only thing I worry a little about is the compatibility issues. I don’t think that will a problem though since I only need it for typing, internet, and emailing. Microsoft Office is also available for Mac and that’s great. Without that I wouldn’t buy it.

If you are a student at Berkeley College, you will also get a student discount on $100. That is really good and I appreciate that a lot.

I bought cereal today. It was a really long time ago I had that so I really enjoyed it when I ate it today. I bought the Kellogg’s Red Berries, and I think that must be my favorite. It’s a little expensive but it’s worth it. It costs about $5.

It’s pretty noticeable that the food prices are going up right now. I bought some chicken and paid several dollars more than usual. It’s not only in the United States though, even in Sweden it’s going up. It doesn’t really affect me that much actually but it’s still a little painful to see the prices go up. I believe and hope that the prices will go down soon!

No comments: