Thursday, June 12, 2008

Macy's


When I can home from school yesterday I thought I could relax the rest of the day. I looked up different luggage online and I checked on Macy’s homepage. I knew that they had a big sale going on and I noticed yesterday that the sale was only for this Wednesday.

So I decided to go there even thought it was 6 pm in the evening. I also brought my passport in case I would be eligible to apply for a tourist discount card. When I got there I applied for the discount card, which I received. It’s really good actually. You only need to show them your passport and then they will give you the card.

That card gives you an 11% discount. I had to go to the ninth floor because that’s where they have bags and luggage. I found a really nice bag and there was a nice guy helping me out after I decided to buy it. I was a little lucky actually because they didn’t have a new bag in their storage room. Thanks to that, I got an extra 10% off.

I think I saved a lot of money on the bag so I’m happy that I went there. I don’t know if the bag was included in the sale though but I still got a lot of discounts. It’s a great bag that is about 21” big so I can bring it inside the airplane when I go to Seattle. I really don’t want to check in my bags because I hate waiting for them.

I only had half a class today and that was really nice. It was actually the last “real” school day. I finished the first class pretty early so I decided not to stay for my last class. My last class was a computer class and he would only give us back our grades, which I already know because he posted it online.

I will only have to go to school three days next week. I have three finals and one quiz so I have to study a lot this weekend. I will still go out to take some photographs though.

I heard that there is a boat between Seattle and Canada so I am thinking about visiting Canada too while making my trip to Seattle. I want to see as much as possible and it would be fun to see some mountains. I will only be there for a week though so I will have to plan my trip carefully if I decide to go there.

I don’t know how much the boat trip will coast though but I will look into that this weekend. Before I go to Seattle, I will visit IKEA. There is an IKEA in Brooklyn that opens the 16th so I will definitely go to that one. There will be free boats between Manhattan and Brooklyn so I think I will take the train to Manhattan and then take the boat from there.

From what I have heard of, it doesn’t seem to be a subway close to the IKEA so I think that it’s more convenient to take the boat.

No comments: