Friday, July 30, 2010

Weekend


I scored top in class on last week’s test in my world civilization class. I got 92 out of 100 after getting two of my answers wrong. One of those two wrong answers confused me because I thought that I had answered that question differently. Ultimately, it does not matter since I was the only one getting an A on the test.
Since we have tests every week, I had another test yesterday. This time, it covered subjects regarding the Greek empire and the Fertile Crescent. Some of this material is pretty heavy to get through but I find Greek and Roman history pretty interesting. I am currently looking for a good book about Greek mythology so if you know an entertaining, yet factual book, let me know.
My professor suggested books by Edith Hamilton and Robert Graves but they have not come out with a new edition in more than ten years, which scares me off a bit. The positive effect is that they are fairly cheap. They go for about $15 each online so I might buy a copy just because of that.
I might go out for dinner with my friends this weekend. I only have two days so I try to utilize my time effectively. I will go to get a haircut after work and take out my girlfriend for dinner later tonight at a Sichuan restaurant. Luckily, I do not have any classes on Friday’s so I have plenty of time after work before bedtime.
The weather seems to be getting cooler. I have not used the air conditioner for a week now and every morning is chillier than before, which is wonderful. One thing that really bothers me is that all weather people seem to assume that the hotter it is the better it is. The truth is that most people in New York hate the humidity and the excruciatingly hot subways. At least I know that I do.
This will be my last quarter of blogging. I graduate in September and will be pursuing my career within the transportation industry after that. I have not decided whether to entirely give up blogging or not. However, it is time consuming so I will have to see whether the time allows for it or not.

No comments: