Monday, July 5, 2010

Classes Begin


I am definitely starting to feel the pressure from school now. Since it is my last quarter, I am obligated to take an internship class, valued at five credits, which is one more credit than most other classes. A reason for this is the fact that students have to work, at least, part time for a company within their area of study.
I already had an internship so for me it is not much of a change. However, I work full-time and the internship class itself will, most likely, be very busy. I am taking the class online and students usually have to correspond weekly online by posting, at least, three significant comments every week.
For this class, students are expected to correspond with at least five students a week, while keeping a weekly diary that describes daily activities and challenges encountered on the internship. Assignments and quizzes will also be included in the class. In other words, it will get busy.
I will have my first class tomorrow. The class is political science and I am definitely looking forward to it. I hope that it does not include too much lecture and instead allows students to discuss and have lively debates. I feel that would be the best way to teach a class like that.
On Thursdays, I have a humanities class called world civilization. I have no idea what to expect from this class to be honest so it will be interesting to see what it has to offer. The reason I chose to take it was much because I had to take a humanities course.
I have operations management on Monday’s so the first day for that class will be taking place next week. I noticed that statistics was a prerequisite for the class and that bothered me a little as I hoped to learn more about management and less about statistics. It still remains to see what the class has to offer though. There is still hope in other words.

No comments: