Friday, July 23, 2010

Phoenicians


All my classes except my internship class are electives meaning I chose to take them voluntarily. Most students would prefer taking less difficult classes their last quarter. I picked classes that I wanted to take and thought would be interesting with one exception, world civilization.
My professor has now made up his mind in regards to testing. He has decided to test us every week through multiple-choice tests containing 24 questions. Our weekly lectures are very significant and contain a lot of information. I used my laptop yesterday because I knew that I would have to take a lot of notes.
During class, I could hear students sighing because of tired hands. That was how much we had to write down. Of course for me it was not a problem thanks to my laptop. In any event, the professor could have made all this much easier by uploading the PowerPoint slides to blackboard, but he is not a very technical person unfortunately.
The test yesterday was not easy. It pretty much contained everything we talked about the last two weeks. That might not seem like very much but it really was since the material covered everything from Phoenicians to domestication.
I hope that I did well. The good thing with having tests every week is that it is easier to get a good final grade. In practice, you can miss one test and still get an A if you get a 100% on the rest of the tests. Of course, this is unlikely to happen, but the professor will be able to judge with more accuracy if he assigns several tests.
Today is Friday and I am looking forward to the weekend. I am going to a Chinese Sichuan restaurant today that is within walking distance from my home. Sichuan food is definitely my favorite kind and it will be interesting to see if this new restaurant is good or not. Let us hope so.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hej!
Försökte maila dig men det fungerar inte från min dator... Därför skriver jag här. Jag är intresserad av att börja plugga på ditt college och skulle vilja prata med någon som går där. Hittade din blogg genom CIS´s hemsida.
Jag skulle vara väldigt tacksam om du kunde svara mig till min mail: denise.olsson@hotmail.com.

Vad pluggar du? Hur länge har du varit där? Hur är skolan? Atmosfären? Etc. Har massor av frågor och jag skulle bli väldigt glad om du hade tid att svara till mig. Alltid skönare att prata med någon som går där än att försöka läsa sig till det över internet.

MVH
Denise Olsson, Sthlm.