Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nyquil


I actually really enjoy my operations management class. I thought the math part would make me lose interest, but the math makes sense and I can see several uses of it in a professional environment. We talked about supply chains yesterday and I find that stuff really interesting. We also learned how to calculate the indifference point and more, which is useful in situations where companies plan to outsource.
Eight students will present next week about their topics, which have been selected from the table of contents in the textbook. I do not really enjoy classes like that because they take time and include so many subjects that it is impossible to stay focused on all of the presentations.
I was really lucky last weekend. I was watching television and a few of electronics suddenly stopped working including my television. I checked the power cord and one of my adapters had melted. I bought the adapter from Sweden so that I could charge my Swedish cell phone a while ago. However, I recently used it as an extension cord.
I am really thankful that it did not start a fire and I now only use two wires in my bedroom. Apparently, it is not good to use too many adapters and extension wires. I plan to turn off all my extension cords in the future before I leave home. That could actually also save me some money.
I got a fever last Friday and I still have a cold. I drank some Nyquil last night, hoping I would feel better today. However, I do not think Nyquil has ever worked for me. It was really hard for me to get up this morning because it makes you quite drowsy. I will probably stick to Excedrin and other aspirins in the future.  

No comments: