Monday, July 19, 2010

East Village


I went to East Village this weekend with my girlfriend. It has actually been a while since I was there last time. I remembered it to be much dirtier but it seems like they cleaned up the place a bit or maybe I am just getting used to New York.
We went to a great Chinese place that I do not know the name off. They have a couple of locations, all very small so take-out is probably more convenient than staying. However, we stayed because we luckily found two seats.
The food served is traditional Chinese. They do not serve rice, but instead noodles and soup. They also have a Chinese hamburger with lamb or beef that tastes great. I had Chinese noodles with pork, and I fell in love with it after my first bite.
They give you just enough to get full but I bought a hamburger to go just because of my curiosity and perhaps my big appetite. We also went to McDonald’s to try the new smoothie. It actually tastes great and is healthier than most other drinks served at McDonald’s. I hope they keep serving them after the summer.
I have been able to sell all my books from last quarter. Half.com is a great website to use for selling textbooks. I have probably mentioned that before. However, unless you have excellent reputation from old purchases and sales, it is difficult to sell something in the same category that is higher priced than the competition. I had to continuously reduce my price so that I kept showing up as the cheapest alternative. I still got a good price for the book though.

No comments: