Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Operations


My first operations management class was interesting. My first impression of the professor was mixed. He seemed like a quite strict professor and he will use lecture material from a book that Berkeley College previously used.
The reason for that was that he thought the old book was better and although the new book is okay, it does not contain much of the calculations from the old one. With that said, this class seems to be focused highly on mathematical formulas.
This was something that worried me. I really did not want to take a math class in my last quarter. Luckily, the class also focuses on operations and techniques that do not involve math. Also, the formulas do not seem to be significantly difficult although they will require me to sit down and repeat the questions over and over again.
The class ended after two hours. Some professors like to spend the full three hours lecturing but this professor seemed to be happy cutting it down to two hours, which is pleasing, as the class requires full concentration at all times.
It will be interesting to see how the rest of the classes turn out. There will be three classes of presentations and the professor will pick who goes when next class. This will be nerve-wracking since the first person chosen will pick his or her subject. Therefore, if I am picked last, I may not be able to pick the topic of my choice. Let us pray for the best.

No comments: