Friday, July 16, 2010

Constitution of Sweden


For my next class in political science, I have to do some research on the Swedish legal system. This is not anything that I look forward to but at least it is not a very large assignment. I am to find out what the Swedish law is based on and how it was established. In all honesty, I have no idea but I would assume that it roots from laws made up by kings.
In any event, I had my second class in world civilization today. This is a pretty heavy class. By heavy, I mean that it includes a lot of material, facts, time periods, and names. The professor is making it as interesting as it could be and it definitely helps.
We will have our first class next week. The PowerPoint slides will not be posted so it will be exceedingly difficult to prepare for the test. Note taking has been based on slides and lectures but it is hard to write everything down.
We will have a review on the day of the test, which I find quite inconvenient. I would have hoped to have a review on the week before the test. Going over the test right before the test may just confuse students and it is definitely not easy to remember or learn things in a couple of minutes. With that said I hope to get a good score on the test but it is definitely something that I am worried about.
This quarter seems to involve very late classes. Last quarter most of my classes finished around 8 PM. The last few weeks have been worse and I am not home until around 10 PM most days. This is definitely tiring, especially since I am working full-time from 9 to 5.

No comments: