Monday, July 26, 2010

Swedish Meatballs


I cooked Swedish meatballs this weekend. I got the recipe from my father because I wanted it to taste like home. I was afraid that it would not be the same, as the meat and all other ingredients come from a different place. However, it turned out really well. It was probably the best meatballs that I have ever made myself.
IKEA’s meatballs are okay. Some people say they do not taste good but I disagree with them. Making your own meatballs can take a while especially since you will have to roll them manually. I think it took me about hour to cook but it was worth the time I put in.
My weekend was pretty quiet. I do not have much homework to do so far. I only have one class online and online classes are usually quite demanding in terms of assignments. Right now I am studying value chains and supply chains in my operations management class. I find that very interesting especially since I am working with that at my internship.
I will probably start to prepare for a couple of future assignments that are due the last week of this quarter. I need to conduct a competitive analysis for the current company that I work for and I also have to make a presentation about designing supply chains. Both assignments are very interesting so I am looking forward to doing it.
Berkeley College rewards two students at the end of every quarter with the Robert Maher Outstanding Student Award. This is the greatest award a student can earn. I am highly interested in being awarded this so I am currently looking into how I can be considered for it.
There is a board that votes for which student that should receive it. The student must show a strong commitment towards his or her education and have achieved personal, as well as professional goals. I believe that I match this criteria and I strongly hope that I will be considered.

No comments: