Sunday, July 11, 2010

iPhone

I work five days a week nowadays so last weekend was one of the shortest I have had in a long time. I used to have only one full day off in Sweden a week because I worked the night shift starting Sunday evening with the week ending on Friday morning so a two day weekend is not too bad.

I spent it going to Queens Mall to enjoy some shopping. I had not been there for about a year so it was a nice getaway for the day. Other than that, I had to clean my apartment, which took pretty much the whole day.

I will have my first class in operations management on Monday. I am hoping that it will not involve too much statistics and math and more management and human resources and that kind of stuff. I did not receive my book yet so I have not been able to get an insight in what we will learn so far.

In general, I feel pretty happy with my classes so far. I do realize that a few of them will involve a lot of work, specifically my world civilization and internship class. I hope to be able to continue maintaining my grade point average this last quarter and I will do everything I can to make it happen.

My iPhone’s battery is getting pretty bad. As soon as I open a somewhat large application, my phone dies after just a few minutes. I thought it would cost a fortune to replace the battery but a local electronics store in my neighborhood offered to replace the battery for me for no more than $37. I hope to have it done before next weekend because the repairer said it would take a couple of days to have it fixed.

The one thing that I find interesting is that the battery turned bad just in time for the release of the new iPhone 4. It does not seem as if I am alone either, as most batteries only last for about 16 months. I will wait to buy it though, as I do not want to commit myself to AT&T for another two years. There also seem to be some reception issues with the new phone that have caused a bunch of uproar in the media.

No comments: