Saturday, July 17, 2010

IKEA


After work this Friday, I went to IKEA in Brooklyn to enjoy some inexpensive food. I was first planning to eat meatballs or fish and chips but the line was extremely slow in the restaurant so my girlfriend and I decided to go downstairs to ea hot dogs instead.
The hot dogs are only 50 cents each, which is a bargain, especially in New York. We also enjoyed some frozen yogurt for $1. I also bought some cookies and caviar to bring home. I enjoyed a Swedish egg sandwich with caviar later that day, which I have not done in a year probably. It tasted absolutely fantastic.
I bought a microwave lid because I am tired of having to clean my microwave all the time. Accidentally, I brought the display product to the cashier, which was not allowed for purchase. I therefore had to go all the way back to get another one. Being IKEA, it probably took me ten minutes to walk there and back to the cashier.
I still have not gotten my iPhone battery replaced. The computer store called me and explained that they had “screwed up” my order. This was quite frustrating. I now have to wait for at least another week before I can have it replaced. I can still use my iPhone but it dies after about twenty minutes of use, which blows because I cannot check my email, GPS, or listen to music.
Another thing that blows (joking aside) is the subway. Trains are running more irregularly nowadays since after the MTA made the budget cuts last month. Also, it is stinking warm in the subway all day and night because of the hot and humid weather in New York. I am not kidding when saying it is over 100 degrees in the subway. Luckily, trains are air conditioned but they usually show up too late to save people from getting soaked in sweat.

No comments: