Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


The new year is here and like most people that I have meet, I feel great about 2010. I like even numbers for some reason and I celebrated the eve with two of my friends. We watched Avatar in the afternoon and later had Korean food while watching a scary movie. We followed the count down from Times Square online on Times Square official website and I did not regret that I did not go there this time.

It started to rain later in the evening and Times Square has a tendency to get really chilly on New Year’s Eve, which it did. People looked happy though and I personally thought that the news coverage was great. They honored men and women in service and other people in New York City and they captured the countdown brilliantly.

I went to Century 21 today to return a shirt that I bought a few days ago. They did not have any other shirts that I liked unfortunately. I did buy a shower caddy though because my old one started to rust for some weird reason.

I only have two more days before school and work starts. I have really enjoyed the last few days of vacation so it will be agonizing to go back to school again. I am sure my attitude will change after the first week in school though because it always does. In addition, my courses this quarter are very interesting so it should not be too hard to adjust to school again.

I received my speakers yesterday that I bought from Amazon. I am very happy with the purchase. They look really great and the sound quality is excellent. It feels good to be able to listen to some music in my apartment without having to use the built-in laptop speakers.

Avatar was a great movie by the way. I watched it in 3D in an IMAX theatre and I was blown away by the amazing 3D experience. The movie lasted for approximately two and a half hours but it did not feel that long. I personally felt that the story was a little predictable but the 3D effects really make up for it.

I am doing really well on my diet. I did not follow my normal schedule yesterday though because of New Year’s Eve. I did have a oatmeal for breakfast though and the food we had was not too unhealthy. I have bought a lot of fruit and vegetables and I usually try to avoid eating unnecessary carbohydrates and fat.

I always start my morning with half a cup of oatmeal mixed with muesli. I hate the taste to be honest but I feel much better physically when eating that compared to having egg and bacon or toast. I also bought some Swedish knackebrod at IKEA, which is a kind of hard bread that is very healthy. I will eat that tonight with tomatoes and ham or turkey. I try to eat more in the morning and less in the evening.

No comments: