Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Diet


My girlfriend left for vacation for three weeks so I will spend a lot of time with my friends in the next few weeks. I am still on my break until January 4th, which feels pretty good. I have been doing some shopping lately.

I bought speakers from Amazon, a new power adapter for my exercise bike since my cat broke the last one, and I also purchased some items at IKEA. I actually went to IKEA because I wanted to by a framed poster.

On my way to the picture department, I picked up a few things including chair pads, a dish brush, and a carpet. I noticed how huge the painting was when I arrived at the picture department so I decided to avoid buying it for this time.

I think I will go back later to buy it though because I am tired of the white walls in my apartment. IKEA is currently having a sale, which is pretty rare actually so it is a good opportunity for students to make a few satisfying deals.

I am on a four week diet plan right now. I am trying to get used to eating less and healthier and I am doing great so far. I really hope that my power adapter will show up soon so that I can start exercising because that will greatly help me to lose weight.

I have been walking a lot in the city lately since it gives me good exercise. I bought a shirt at Century 21 today but it is too long so I will have to return it. I will not go to Century 21 in Manhattan anymore. The reason is that they do not have any fitting rooms and it is way too crowded with confusing tourists.

There is one in Brooklyn that I really like and I think I will go there on the day after tomorrow. I will celebrate New Year’s Eve tomorrow with two friends. We are going to watch Avatar in an IMAX theatre before celebrating at my friend’s home. Avatar has gotten great reviews but I am not sure it is my kind of movie. However, I do have hopes that I will like it much because it is in 3D.

I am not sure of what we will do in the evening but I do know that it includes Korean food and great people. I feel good about not going to Times Square this time. It gets way too crowded and the weather is usually extremely chilly on New Year’s Eve.

I received a few gifts from my mom and brother this week. I got Swedish chocolate, which I really like. Unfortunately, I will not be able to eat it for a month because of my diet. However that is also a good reason for me to share it with my girlfriend.

No comments: